Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Open clusters in Cassiopeia

wxsatuser

Got my Canon 60Da back from warranty repair and Sunday night was first chance to see if it works ok.

Took a few shots around Cassiopeia before clouds rolled in. :sad:

Anyway.......just one 5min shot of some open clusters in Cassiopeia.

Cropped image out of a wider field, there is M103, Trumpler 1 and Czernik 4.

First image is clear and second has the clusters ringed, for anyone not sure what they are.

M103 top right.....Czernik 4  bottom left and Trumpler 1 inboard of Czernik 4.

Setup.......SW 80ED Pro+reducer+Hutech......Canon 60Da.....300secs@ISO 400

trumpler.jpg

trumpler1.jpg

Ah thought you might have a special reason to be up so early in the morning - great widefield with the 80ED and some nice star colour coming through on these clusters.

Glad to see the camera is quickly back and seems to be working very nicely.

Conditions look good for tonight as well, if you get the chance.

Fell asleep early last night so woke early.... :sad:

The colour is a bit better in the RAW file but lost a bit in the jpg?

I was trying out a Canon remote as well, not happy connecting cam to pc, yet.

Here is the whole field, the clusters nye disappear when reduced down to 800 pixels.. :grin:

trumpler2.jpg

Now that's pretty wide, but too much a test of my eyesight even on my 23" display.   Though M103 still puts on a good display at this scale, despite a distance of 8500+ light years.

Are you using the reducer to get this field, or is that native f/l?

There have been problems with some Canon camera and connecting them to the P.C., but it sounds as if you have already had your camera repaired.  I can't remember which thread it was, but a member tried tethering the camera again and after repair it worked. If you do want to use your pc, have a look on here and you will find the details.

:smiley:

Mike,

I know you'll be keen to get on with some imaging after three weeks lost to the faulty camera - and appreciate that you'll be wary of tethering the camera to PC after the last experience.    Though hopefully Canon have replaced the faulty board and cured the problem with this repair.     Probably best not to leave it too long though, just in the very unlikely case it does fail and need to go back under warranty again.

Now that's pretty wide, but too much a test of my eyesight even on my 23" display.   Though M103 still puts on a good display at this scale, despite a distance of 8500+ light years.

Are you using the reducer to get this field, or is that native f/l?

Yep thats the whole field of an ED 80 and reducer.

and I got the camera at the end of June......so bit of time left.

sandancer,,,,,,,

I'm in two minds.....think I can get by using the Canon remote....it's fully programmable and will save having a lappie doing the job.

If I knew exactly what to avoid doing to stop it I would jump at tethering again.

Archived