My Celestron 8SE arrived this morning!

Crazy Dutchman

Today the last "part" of my scope arrived: its carrying case. As you can see on the pictures it is rather large (thanks to Yakov the Meerkat for posing with the case  :tongue:).

I also tried to couple my Nikon D800 to the scope (sorry for the low picture quality, had to use my iPhone as my camera was otherwise engaged).

post-32711-0-30202100-1383749620_thumb.j

post-32711-0-06294400-1383749883_thumb.j

post-32711-0-47294800-1383749698.jpg

post-32711-0-30567100-1383749866_thumb.j

post-32711-0-12131100-1383749609_thumb.j

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely bit of kit, it won't be broken will just need slap or 2 like a new born baby to get it working, the focuser will wind in or out for ever pick something really bright for your first viewing, even if its a street light some distant away, getting the red spot aligned  will be a major hurdle as when you point the scope at a star / street light it looks aligned but only need to be a tiny bit off to miss the object.... but once this is sorted your see some amazing dso ect....

Make sure its level is my tip, took me a while to work out while it wasn't aligning properly. Oh and don't drop the scope on a garden chair denting the tube as I did. It tends to give you palpitations and panic attacks. Still can't believe how I got away with it, shows its built well I suppose :smiley:

I got the case here (next day delivery and very friendly guy):

http://www.365astronomy.com/case-for-nexstar-8se-and-c925-c11-otas-p-2885.html

Not cheap, but everything but the tripod and the Dew shield fits in the case (although, if you would wrap the dew shield around the scope before putting it into the case it should fit).

You need a fairly large boot though...

Archived