Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RPP Engineering -- West Oxfordshire

gkec

Not all of us have direct access to more sophisticated engineering tools like laths and milling machines so often have to approach commercial engineering firms.  Many are more interested in high value jobs or are geared towards motor vehicles.

However I have found RPP Engineering who are based in Brize Norton near Witney to be an exception.

Despite it being a small job, enlarging the holes in a couple of counter weights so it fits onto my CG5 counter weight shaft, they were happy to undertake the job for a very reasonable fee and even offered to do it while I waited, even though I said that it wasn't urgent (as it was going to be cloudy forever).  

They showed interest the purpose of the job and commented on the fact that it was unusual to find locking screws with nylon caps.

The finish was impressive, i had expected chips on the edges of the holes, which I would not have cared about,  but it looks a good clean hole.

Website here :- http://www.rppengineering.co.uk/precision-engineering-services

Archived