NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M42 and the g Man, a reprocess.

lensman57

Hi,

During the rainy and stormy weather there is little to do but reprocess old data. This is a reprocess the data captured on one exceptional night of transparency up here in manchester in the early hounrs of 5th of OCT. I sensed that I had overdone the HDR wavelets in the firprocess and the colour was a little off too so here is the result of the toned down reprocess, hope you like it. It was a stack  of 31 subs of 180s each, Atik 428 EX OSC @ -10C, IDAS P2, Ascension 80 mm Apo Triplet @ F4.8 and HEQ5 and PHD. Bias and flats but no darks. Processed in StarTools and PS. Thanks for looking.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-88622700-1382923963_thumb.p

That's nicely done Lensman.

Interested to see you getting good results out of StarTools - I just can't get to grips with it myself...

Many Thanks, I think that ST it is a very good piece of software and Ivo is still developing it at great pace. If you drop him a line in the ST forum he is tnot oo busy, he will  do a personal tutorial for you if you wish.

Regards,

A.G

Archived