NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

RF Concepts / Cameras-cctv.com Model VQ33S-W36

DIYASTRO

Have been looking around for a 'sub' for the samsung. Wondered if anyone would have a look at this camera and let me have thoughts?

Tech data says that it has the neccesary sens up (to x512 providing 0.0001 lux at that rate) Good OSD capability 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD II  colour sensor.... PAL 752(H)x582(V)..... 625 TV lines ..... Shutter ... 1/50th - 1/100,000 sec

12 V dc supply and Digital zoom (x1-x6)

My interest is that this is basicaly a 'board camera' which has potential for peltier cooling.

Be gratefull for your ideas.

Boyd

Oh, it comes in at £89.88 inc. Vat and P&P. not cheap so want to make sure its up to job.

Carl,

thanks for reply!

As you have perhaps seen from the spec sheet .... that question of manual sens up is not clear!

The same for the iris, I have sent email to supplier and hope to get these questions answered.

On the whole it looks useable, I want a board that I can cool.... I have recently brought a Watec 902H which is very good at high gain but lots of electronic noise. not easy to cool.... several circuit boards....I know from experiment that quite intense (-10 deg C) improves the picture quality a great deal so looking for a camera board that I can modify. This one looked reasonable.

Will post if / when I get info from dealer.

kind regards

Boyd

hi boyd,,,ive looked at most of the specs on the cameras on that website and most look like they do the right job,but ive yet to find the (dream) one,the majority of the mini cam and board cams just don't have the sense up they look great when you see the low light tag but the relevant info like sense up to x512 ect is never there for some weird reason,,,we can get it on the Sammy and even better on the pd1 but board cameras... phew ive searched n searched,,even trying to get other suppliers of the pd1 or the as I would call it the pd1 mk2 with the rs485 port on rear is pretty hard and still not found anything to match the pd1,,,can but keep looking....hope the specs come back and prove me wrong....davy

Davy,

Thanks for your input... I guess we all scan the spec sheets looking for the dream camera board.

I will post reply from seller as and when but like you, not too hopefull.

Its just so easy to cool a small single board and cooling helps so much with background noise. I have tried cooling web cams and the difference is quite amazing, its incredable just how much heat is generated within some cameras. The Microsoft lifecam cinema gets very hot but really good quality pic.

I have been looking for a Pal / Samsung SCB2000 but finding those at reasonable price is not too easy.

I recently brought a used Watec 902H which at high AGC picks up stars very well but very noisy, difficult to cool with peltier element due to two boards pluged into the sensor one, May try re-housing it and using fans.

Hope you are making good progress with your VCR!

Boyd

Thanks boyd,,,the sammy is pretty good. And cooled with fans its even better..ive a 40 mm fitted internally... 2 x 18mm fans on the sides and a 40mm on top ..the testing i done showed sucking the hot air from the casing worked better than blowing ambient air in...dvr going slow cant get back up to usb working ,,,need to sort out lan to laptop. Still...karl got same one as me and is doing testing on it next week...carol no well again so keeping an eye on her,,,avairy getting worked on for the hatched chinese painted quail going in...davy

Archived