Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some recent images

Dryderman

Well it's been a while since I posted here and I have been busy getting back into Astrophotography. So here are some of my latest images, in roughly chronological order

First is this image of M4. I think this was the first decent image I got out of my SBIG CCD so it was quite a moment for me.

M4 final

M4

Second is this image of M17 (the Omega Nebula) along with the HDR processed version (PixInsight HDR wavelet transform). The HDR version really brings out the nebula structure.

Final M17

M17

M17 HDR Final

M17 HDR

Third is M20, the Trifid Nebula. This is such a good looking nebula it was a joy to finally capture it.

final M20

M20

Fourth is the first galaxy I have managed to image, NGC 6744. I feel like this one could have benefited from a lot more data as the fine details in the spiral arms are very faint.

final NGC6744

NGC 6744

Lastly, it's NGC 2070 also known as the Tarantula Nebula.

NGC2070 final

NGC 2070

All of the above images were captured with a Stellarvue SV 105 APO refractor, an SBIG ST-8300M and a Baader LRGB filter set. Subs were usually around 5 minutes and all image processing was done using PixInsight.

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome.

These are good. If you have dark skies I'd push the exposure times up to 10 or 15 minutes. Worth a try, anyway.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2277139556&k=FGgG233

The skies are quite dark here and I pushed some of the subs on the NGC 6744 shot to 7 minutes. I have been using the Starizona ideal exposure time calculator to give me a guideline, is it not accurate?

Archived