Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

cgem or neq6

wills

hi all. I know this has probably been done to death, I'm looking at moving into imaging, I've already got an 10" newt and I am looking at getting a 80mm ed so I'm looking for a mount that can handle both. Ive got about 1500 - 2000 to pay with. I am leaning towards the cgem over neq6 but is it worth the extra 300. any input would be great.

thanks chris

I was looking at these two as a replacement for my CG-5, investigation threw up some issues with the early versions go the CGEM that sent me in the direction of the AZ-EQ6GT but I need portability as have to move it into the garden and setup for each session. That need sent me in the direction of the iOptron IEQ45 http://www.altairastro.com/product.php?productid=16361&cat=266&page=1 sorry to add to the choices.

Pretty much decided on the iOptron though is a £100 more than the AZ-EQ6GT and will do Eq and Az with an additional adapter - just a few more things to check before hand over cash.

Trevor

Archived