Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light - New Scope Konus Vista 80S

jgs001

Hi, Got my first scope care of Santa's Elf (Mrs jgs001). It's a Konus Vista 80s short tube 80mm Refractor, I believe the same as the ST80. Thanks Will I think she must have got wind of it from you (with a few hints from me). Finally had a chance to get it outdoors just now as the clouds have cleared up and our nearest neighbour is hovering there. The scope came with a rather flimsy feeling 5x24 finder on a plastic finder mount, all of which twists and turns when removing and replacing the caps, but I was able to allign it and use it. The scope came with a 17mm and 10mm Plossl, I'm not sure how good they are, but I was able to get clear view of the moon through both of them with little evidence of purple fringing (or maybe that's just me eyes :rolleyes:). With the 10mm, giving 40x view, I was able to see quite some detail on the surface and the moon nearly filled the FOV. Ive bought a couple of Barkis ep's giving me more options and am looking forward to getting to use the higher power ep on the moon. It seems to me that this is a good little scope, will make a great grab 'n go scope, seeing as it will also fit in the Maplins flight case it'll be good for taking on holiday, and give's me something to use, that still has a reasonable field of view as a step between the Bin's and a reflector.

Archived