Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Photo Tripod Mount for ST80

philhas

Hi Phil,

Before I carry on, do you have a tripod and after a mount for it?  Can you post some photos of your present setup?

I used to use my TeleVue Ranger on a Manfrotto tripod (055B) and a Manfrotto video fluid head (125RC). It was OK, but to be honest what ever I was looking at did take time for the vibrations to settle down. So I ruled out the idea of using a photography tripod and head. I opted for a SkyWatcher aluminium tripod and a Giro mound. I get some vibration, but not as bad as it was using the Manfrotto setup.

If your ST80 is new'ish it should have come with an oblong shaped plastic block and metal rings instead of a metal dovetail (and rings). Underneath is a camera thread for screwing it onto a photography tripod. |if you don't have one then send FLO a query - they should be able to supply one for you.

If it's to go on a mount with a dovetail saddle then Bern at Modern Astronomy has what you'll need:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Modern-Astronomy/Dovetails-/_i.html?_fsub=2436263017 Hth :)

I have a metal dovetail setup which I made myself as the scope came on an EQ1. I use it on an AZ4 which isn't portable so would like to attach it to a Velbon photo tripod for grab and go so I guess I need the oblong block with rings to secure it to the tripod?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Archived