Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher 2" Variable Polarising Filter

Just noticed some SkyWatcher 2" Variable Polarising Filter's on eBay, As I'm going to get a 2" light pollution filter. would it be worth paying a bit extra for one of these instead. As anyone had any experience with one of these.

As far as I'm aware, the Variable Polarising Filter is a Moon filter, not designed for cutting out the light from Sodium sources (i.e. Older Street Lights).

Personally I don't like LP filters, they don't seem to make much difference visually, and they give the sky an odd colour ;).

Hi Dave, as Naemeth says, the variable polarising filter does not help with light pollution, it is intended for use with the Moon, if it's LPR you want/need, then best to get an LPR filter, or better still, I prefer the Baader Neodymium filter, which also acts as a Moon filter as well, and is good on some planetary observing.

Archived