NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A noobs startup kit .. :).

LaVey

Hi all... thought I would share my new kit .. had an old ETX60 but gave that to a mate to get him started.

Anyway.. heres my new gear

IMG_0208.jpg

Celestron C6S-GT (XLT), Celestron Eyepiece Case and EPs, Celestron Powertank, Meade LPI.

IMG_0212.jpg

one home made hartman mask (untested!! but will it work ? lolol)

Nice looking setup mate. That will keep you busy browsing the Cosmos for a long time.

Having never used a Hartman mask, I can make no assumption as to it's capability, although I have read on this forum, that they work a treat, but The proof of the pud. , as they say.

Enjoy your new instrument, it does look good.

Ron.

Just goes to show you don't have to fork out loads of money to have equipment that works well, the result from your hartman mask look superb and when you image it will give far better results than the magic eye in envisage. And a good setup for imaging as well, anyway good luck on the beginning of the long road to long sleepless nights

regards

Gordon

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Archived