NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD panel not visible

Hi

Wasn't sure where to post this but I'm not getting the EQMOD control panel that I would expect to see. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ASCOM platform and the EQMOD ascom driver, and my HEQ5 mount functions just fine with everything finding and talking to the mount via the EQMOD driver but I'm not getting the driver control panel (the one with the handy direction buttons/slew speeds etc).

Anyone know what might be afoot? I assume the serial cable is OK as everything slews and so on from Stellarium, Alignmaster etc.

cheers

I have uninstalled EQASCOM and then the ASCOM platform, enabled .NET 3.5 as per the instructions for Windows 7. Reinstalled. Still no dice.

Also tried this again but cleared out the registry entries too. Same result.

It sounds like you know what you're doing ;)... but the only thing I can think of, the panel is off the boundary of the screen somewhere... Have you tried.. opening it, then use ALT SPACE to access the dialog box, select move, then use the cursor keys to move the box onto the screen ?

Nothing to screenshot Cedric my good man, that's the problem dude.  Looks like there is a bug when you have 2 monitors and the right hand one is the primary monitor.

John, go to the top of the class Sir. That worked a treat. I knew I had seen the controls before, I have no realised it was only when outside on my laptop i.e. no second monitor.

Thanks everyone.

Chris

The way it works with EQMOD is we have two release types, public and test.

Test releases are made to the yahoo group only and contain bug fixes and new features. They are subject to frequent change and are unlikely to have supporting documentation (but there are likely to have associated threads on the yahoo group forum). The Yahoo group members then do the testing and when we reach a stage where a test release has no outstanding issues, language translations have been done, and suitable documentation prepared then a public release is made to sourceforge.

Regretably it has been some time since I've made a new public release - the reason being that some major new features have been added (AutoPEC) for which we've yet to complete documentation/video tutorials for.

Chris.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch about this, Chris. Also thanks more generally for your hard work on the project which will allow me to stay nice and toasty warm during the Winter months! Signed up, got the latest version, all is now working beautifully.

cheers

Chris

Archived