NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hubble Elephant in IC1396 completed.

kingboya

Taken during the last few weeks, a total of 6hrs of data. Altair Astro 115 APO triplet using Atik 314L and Baader narrowband filters. NEQ6 using EQMOD and guided with PHD.

This image has been a real journey, but I am settling on this process.

Thanks for taking a look. ;-)

post-19531-138121011038_thumb.jpg

well done it looks good. may i suggest running Hasta la vista green on the image to bring out more of the golden colours and i don't think your channels are aligned properly as if you look at your stars they change colour from one side to the other

well done it looks good. may i suggest running Hasta la vista green on the image to bring out more of the golden colours and i don't think your channels are aligned properly as if you look at your stars they change colour from one side to the other

Thanks. I completely forgot to reduce the green, but easily rectified.

Reference the stars, my SII stars were huge, and I ran several instances of an action, and yet they are still larger than the Ha and OIII. Weird, and I don't really know why.

I have registered the smaller stars versions again in Pixinsight, and this is the result. The best way is probably to further reduce the magenta and remove the star colour completely?

Thanks for the comments :D

Archived