SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Equinox 80mm ready :)

Daniel-K

so here's my SW 80mm Equinox ready waiting for some clear sky :grin: had the scope for 2 weeks and with working overtime missed all the clear spells. well im off now for 5days so lets x my fingers. i was suppose to pick up my TV TRF2008 yesterday but my friends wife went into labour so i will forgive her for making me wait :p

post-6284-0-71849800-1381074169_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-20598200-1381074409_thumb.jp

I have this scope and love it! You will really enjoy it. The only thing I wish was better was the focuser. Its a set up from most stock focusers but it still slips under heavy weight. It does have a locking screw which does hold the weight but then makes the small fine focuser know not able to move the tube. This could be just mine but thought I'd give you a heads up. Let me know once you get first light whether or not you have this problem. If you don't then I need to take my focuser apart and see if I can tweek it. But really other than that I love the optics and personally think for the price range of doublets that its in it is the best choice out there.

I have this scope and love it! You will really enjoy it. The only thing I wish was better was the focuser. Its a set up from most stock focusers but it still slips under heavy weight. It does have a locking screw which does hold the weight but then makes the small fine focuser know not able to move the tube. This could be just mine but thought I'd give you a heads up. Let me know once you get first light whether or not you have this problem. If you don't then I need to take my focuser apart and see if I can tweek it. But really other than that I love the optics and personally think for the price range of doublets that its in it is the best choice out there.

Thanks thursday  night is looking good so Friday in work will have to suffer :D  when i stick the 450D i will have to have a fiddle i plan on upgrading it to a moon light or steeltrack at some point

Hi Jonathan yes I did. I mainly do AP you can find my first picture here stargazerslounge.com/topic/196824-m45-and-the-windy-night/

Id love ti look through it but haven't got a diagonal for it yet keeping my eye out for one.

Hi Jonathan yes I did. I mainly do AP you can find my first picture here stargazerslounge.com/topic/196824-m45-and-the-windy-night/

Id love ti look through it but haven't got a diagonal for it yet keeping my eye out for one.

They aren't too expensive, even the fancy ones especially if you just go for a 1.25" one. A good quality 2" diagonal with adaptor can be had for £50, certainly not bad :). Thanks for the link too :D.

Archived