NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to connect Hutech IDAS P2 LPS filter

Hiya,

I was wondering how to connect this filter to my setup. I have an ED80 with the SW reducer/flattener and use a DSLR, and have the 1.25" version of the filter. I tried putting it between the reducer and the M48 adaptor for my camera, but then the spacing is wrong and I was getting major distortion. I saw in Making Every Photo Count that Steve uses a custom M48 type adaptor which he can slot his 1.25" filter in, is there something like this one can buy? Or how else can you attach it?

Thanks,

Chris

Another option for the crop sensor Canon cameras is to use the MFA variant this mounts inside the camera body so can be used with EF mount lenses as well...

I have 2", MFA and 77mm versions of the the IDAS P2 filter...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk 4

Camera to T-ring, T-ring to SW reducer, reducer to 2" nose piece, filter to end of nose piece. At that distance from the CCD a 2" filter would be way better for vignetting - in fact the only one I'd consider for a DSLR sized CCD. (FLO sell this type of 2" piece that has the M54 (or is it 55 actually) thread that you'll find at the end of the SW reducer.

I'm also pretty certain I've seen DSLR T-rings with an integrated filter holder in some clever arrangement. If I find it I'll post back here.

/Jesper

Camera to T-ring, T-ring to SW reducer, reducer to 2" nose piece, filter to end of nose piece. At that distance from the CCD a 2" filter would be way better for vignetting - in fact the only one I'd consider for a DSLR sized CCD. (FLO sell this type of 2" piece that has the M54 (or is it 55 actually) thread that you'll find at the end of the SW reducer.

I'm also pretty certain I've seen DSLR T-rings with an integrated filter holder in some clever arrangement. If I find it I'll post back here.

/Jesper

Yes thats right........56mm I believe

I have just bought this so I could add my filter.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/flo-adapter-for-skywatcher-focal-reducers.html

Archived