Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Catseye sight tube & Cheshire

jetstream

I had the opportunuty to try collimating my new Dob & while it was out of collimation,the Catseye tools made things go much easier.I like the fact that you can adjust the length of the sight tube,so you can get a good look around the secondary,I moved it out for a "rough in" & then moved it closer to see any difference in my alignment & adjusted accordingly.The Cheshire worked like a dream,as did my primary mirror cell-a few turns of the knobs & the "dot"was in the "donut".I never tried physically offsetting the secondary,but used the simpler approach.So everthing is centered under the focuser and is round,dot in the donut & all 3 prim mirror clips are visible & look the same.I did inadvertantly end up with a bit of offset,by my method,but I understand this is proper.These Catseye tools greatly simplified my first collimation.

Archived