NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

10x50 Bushnell power view wide angle.

NIGHTBOY

Hi,

I have a pair of Bushnell 8 x 40, very good quality for the price, bought them from Jessops on a Christmas Eve, they were £169,

reduced to £139..... But because I had bought a fair mount of gear from them over the years, the manager reduced the price further

to £119. Great value!

Other bird watchers who use Bushnell binocs like them. I also have Leica 8 x 42...... Brilliant .... But cost £680.

Cheers

Adrian

Have H2O's and Nature Views in the roof prism variant, couldn't be happier.

Natureviews are the better of the 2 by some way (if you ignore the utterly stupid front lens covers they provide) but also cost more.

My minox have stupid front covers too I wonder why expensive quality binoculars are let down in such a way?

Hi,

I forget to mention above that mine are Nature Views as well.

Also if you intend to hand hold the binoculars then a 10 mag is about the maximum that can be held confidently.

I have Celestron 15 x 70 binos which I use tripod mounted. They are cheap and are not really great at birdwatching, but not bad

for stargazing.

Cheers

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the thread, but I have Bushnell Powerview 10x50. This was my first binocular, purchased about a decade ago.

For astronomy, I think they are a poor choice. They have BaK-7 prisms and the exit pupils are really obviously clipped, so you don't get anywhere near the full 50mm aperture. The optics aren't very good either. They do work of course, and I got my first views of Jupiter's moons and the Andromeda galaxy through mine, but any 10x50 will do that. 

I seem to recall that Bushnell have multiple models of "Powerview" that aren't all the same. Mine is model number 13-1056.

Archived