NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS, how to use only master bias frame when stacking?

Ok, so i'm currently stacking yesterdays 37x M13 light frames after sorting out most of my calibration files from the last 3-4 years.

I ended up with a collection of 336 bias frames. Now i'm stacking all of these, and it's probably going to take a year and a half, but for next time, how do i tell DSS to only use the master BIAS frame, and not stack them all over again?

Are you using 3 - 4 years worth of bias frames and combining them ? If so I don't think that's a good idea. Bias frames change over time, or so they say. Just make new Masters every now and again. I do it between 6 and 12 months and use around 50.

Once you have the master then put it in an easily found file and direct DSS to it. I tend to have a file on the desktop called...... Calibration.

Dave.

Typed at the same time as Martin :)

IIRC don't you need at one light frame to get DSS to start stacking and create the master calibration files?

I usually used to select obe of the calibration frames as a dumny light...

I would usd all your bias frames to create a naster... I would take and use a new set every few months...

Peter...

Badly typed on my Galaxay S4 in Tapatalk4

I see. Wasn't awere biasd changed over time. I knew darks could due to bad pixels and so, but didn't think the read noise would change? Final pic turned out OK , but i guess i'll create a new set anyway then. :)

Archived