NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Travel Scope Set-Up

With the arrival of my tripod this morning, I can finally say I've got my kit for traveling, light and small enough to take cycling :D.

So, here's the observing list:

Lyra Optic 66mm F/6 ED

Tecnosky Alt-Az Mount (dismantled, allen key and screws brought with)

Bilora C253 Carbon Fibre Tripod

Revelation Quartz 1.25" Diagonal

32mm TV Plossl

10.5mm TV Plossl

3-6mm Nagler Zoom

Meade Astro Backpack

The tripod has it's own bag with shoulder strap that was supplied with it :D.

Pics will have to wait, my battery died as I stupidly decided to use the flash...

It needs a little bit of foam here and there, and some way of securing the contents more, but I'm happy :). To anyone considering though you need to bear in mind this set-up is not cheap ;).

Well that's spot on really, no problems at all for carrying on the bike :shocked:

Indeed, it doesn't feel heavy. It's not really weight that would've been an issue, bulk is a much bigger issue. I'd have no problems taking my Heritage 130P for weight, (about 6 or 7kg), but it just wouldn't fit!

that looks nice even more portable than mine

Indeed it is portable, just need a better way of securing the contents of the bag, at the moment it's a bit loose.

Very frustrating that I can't find my camera battery charger, may have to buy another one :(.

Archived