NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

beginners focusing question

marcusk

Hi

Now, this maybe a really silly question but I can't find any answers (possibly because its really obvious)

I have got my lovely Canon 7D DSLR, Skywatcher Evostar 120, T adaptor and attchment to my camera. My EQ3 isn't yet motorised but I just want to experiment and take some short exposure images of brighter objects - nothing clever. To fit the camera I take off the lens and attach the body directly to the scope fine - but...

a/ how do I focus the camera without a lens

b/ without a telescope lens how do I get any magnification.

Feel free to cyber slap me if I'm being uber-dumb...

Marcus

Hi

Now, this maybe a really silly question but I can't find any answers (possibly because its really obvious)

I have got my lovely Canon 7D DSLR, Skywatcher Evostar 120, T adaptor and attchment to my camera. My EQ3 isn't yet motorised but I just want to experiment and take some short exposure images of brighter objects - nothing clever. To fit the camera I take off the lens and attach the body directly to the scope fine - but...

a/ how do I focus the camera without a lens

b/ without a telescope lens how do I get any magnification.

Feel free to cyber slap me if I'm being uber-dumb...

Marcus

Marcus,

There is no such thing as a silly question, except for one, and that is the question that is not asked.

so keep asking, all the answers will be on here somewhere. :smiley: 

I have recently bought a skywatcher telescope with a 1500mm focal length. Two eyepieces came with the scope, a 25mm wide and a 10mm, plus a Barlow lens. I have seen some good images of the moon with the 25mm wide but I have read I would get more detailed images with the 10mm and the Barlow? Am I doing something wrong as when I try this combination or just the 10mm by itself it is not possible to see the moon.

I have recently bought a skywatcher telescope with a 1500mm focal length. Two eyepieces came with the scope, a 25mm wide and a 10mm, plus a Barlow lens. I have seen some good images of the moon with the 25mm wide but I have read I would get more detailed images with the 10mm and the Barlow? Am I doing something wrong as when I try this combination or just the 10mm by itself it is not possible to see the moon.

You will get more help with this in a new thread.....

Archived