Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik EFW1 with MaximDL & ASCOM 6 SP2

SteveA

In a moment of madness I decided to upgrade my PC from XP to Win7 this week and I'm now just about ready to pull my hair out (not that I've got much left these days!).

I've reinstalled all my software and taken the opportunity to upgrade to ASCOM 6. Everything is now working with the exception of my Atik EFW1 under ASCOM control from MaximDL.

When trying to connect to the filter wheel in Maxim I get an error "unable to initialise filter wheel".

I 've spent several hours looking for a solution online and tried all of the suggestions, but nothing works.

I know the filter wheel is installed ok from a Windows perspective as I can control it from Artemis capture, the problem seems to be more to do with the ASCOM driver. The ASCOM driver for the EFW1 was installed for the Atik core software installation.

I'm at the stage now where I'm just about to roll back ASCOM to 5.5, I don't really want to have to if there is an alternative...

HELP !!

Archived