NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Source for lost lens caps sought

Not sure if this is the right forum because the problem can apply to bins, scopes and eyepieces alike.

Many of us have been unfortunate enough to lose/misplace eypiece-, lens- or even scope caps so what then?

Does anyone know of a source for replacements other than trying the original equipment manufacturer?

I would have thought that at the very least somebody somewhere stocks replacement 1 1/4" EP end caps?

It isn't always just a case of replacing a missing cap - I have a pair of old bins (50mm objective) where although both caps are still around, one of them is so worn that it falls off as soon as I look at it! It would be nice to treat the bins to a new set of caps so where do I look? The original supplier was Dixons I believe but caps for a 60 year old set of bins is unlikely to be held in stock by Dixons especially as it's possible that they were made in Korea.

Any tips gratefully received.

Kind regards

Roger

Eyepiece end caps can I think be bought from TS, most useful to you.

Binocular ones will I think mean a vist to a decent camera/binocular shop. Reasonably sure I have seen them for sale in such places over here. Fortunately 2 good camera shops in Cambridge that do things like these.

TS Caps

TS list end caps under the section for Cases.

Archived