Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Monopods and trigger-grip ball-heads and binos, oh my!

trynda1701

OK, having recently finding this forum and getting all sorts of useful info from you folks, I have a question.

I have just received my DynaSun WT011H 3/8 Professional Tripod Head Grip Action Ball as recommended by Steve Tonkin. A very nice piece of kit. This goes with my Manfrotto 679B Monopod he also recommended on 'The Binocular Sky' site. Looking forward to trying these out with my trusty Carl Zeiss Jenoptem 10x50W's IF the weather clears up (not this weekend I think!).

My question is this? How do folks store there monopod/trigger-grip ball-head combinations? Obviously I take the binos and clamp off when I finish, but do folks leave the trigger-grip ball-head on their monopods? Plus, if so, does anyone therefore have a recommendation for a carrying case that would hold the monopod/trigger-grip ball-head combo?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I leave he trigger-grip head attached on the Monopod. Sometimes I put it in the boot of the car "as is" but, If I'm taking a lot of kit, It fits in my trpod bag with the 475 tripod (and numerous other bits of mounting gubbins. The QR plate, with binocular adaptor attached, fits nicely in the 15x70 binocular case.

Archived