NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First (successful) widefield attempt

DeepThought

Hi

Despite the local light pollution, I decided to point my camera upwards and try to get a shot of the summer triangle.

This is the result:

I'm certain there's room for improvement but in truth I don't really know what i'm doing when it comes to adjusting levels and stretching histograms and such. I will crop out the vignetting (owing to a the massive lens hood required to block out next door's thermonuclear bathroom light) once I'm happy with it, but otherwise that's the best I can do.

If anyone would like a go at my original data (and I'd be eternally grateful if they did) then the stacked image can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/Hc1TX6f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

think you have done a nice job there Mark i removed the nasty gradient for you try again at turf hill next time you come out with us and it will be so much better

attachicon.gifpost-27545-0-39909700-1379016197.jpg

Hey thanks.  you'll have to show me how you did that.  The gradient was annoying buy unavoidable from here in the city (i'm assuming it's light pollution related).

Looking forward to visiting Turf Hill again...  if this cloud ever lets up.

Archived