NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

celestron 15x70 skymasters

cosmosboy

hi guys , i purchased this bino about a week ago . so far i am happy with it , may be because i do not know what to expect from it . i am able to pick out stars up to magnitude 9.5 in suburban sky where i live . yesterday i saw asteroid 324 bamberga which was shining at about 8.1 near gamma pisces ( it is the first asteroid i saw , other bright ones like vesta , ceres , pallas .....i am sure i can pick out easily now) . i saw many DSO too , but i am not gonna mention them here . my next test is can it discern 4 big jupiter moons ?

so guys , my query is what to expect from this particular bino ?

They are big bins, I have similar one from another maker.

Have you got them mounted on a tripod? It helps keep them stable. Or lie back in a deck chair and brace with your arms.

The moons of Jupiter should be no problem, when you think about it you have two refractors with 70mm objectives in your hands, albeit with a lower power, but Galileo had even smaller and poorer optics!

DSO can be picked out but they will be dusty faint affairs. I love bins as they are grab and go and have wide field views which help you track your way around the night sky.

Check out http://binocularsky.com/, great website with a monthly newsletter you can get sent to you. Lots of tips too.

Have you got them mounted on a tripod? It helps keep them stable. Or lie back in a deck chair and brace with your arms.

The moons of Jupiter should be no problem, when you think about it you have two refractors with 70mm objectives in your hands, albeit with a lower power, but Galileo had even smaller and poorer optics!

DSO can be picked out but they will be dusty faint affairs. I love bins as they are grab and go and have wide field views which help you track your way around the night sky.

Check out http://binocularsky.com/, great website with a monthly newsletter you can get sent to you. Lots of tips too.

thanks for reply . i do not have a tripod . but as u said , i do observing lying back on a chair so i can hold it steadier .

about DSO , i could see globular cluster near antares ( perhaps M3) , ANDROMEDA galaxy was impressive , even i could discern the faint galaxy near andromeda galaxy ( perhaps M110 ) , great globular cluster of hercules was easy to pick . M6 , M7 were beautiful to watch . saw few open and globular clusters in area around sagittarius , they were good to watch . in plaedes , i could discern around 20 to 25 stars .

waiting for jupiter to come near its opposition and appear in evening sky , then i will look for its moons .

binocularsky.com is good . let me try to find out dso mentioned in monthly news letter one by one . thanks again..

Grate value for money if you are not systematic binocular observer.....

You have to take a look for aligment procedures, just to be ready if you think that something is going wrong with the aligment.

I use them for many years, and i am happy with them...

Kostas.

Grate value for money if you are not systematic binocular observer.....

You have to take a look for aligment procedures, just to be ready if you think that something is going wrong with the aligment.

I use them for many years, and i am happy with them...

Kostas.

astrokoma , yeah u are right . so far , it seems well aligned . very comfortable to see through , no double images . but i am myopic ( severely ) , so i am unable to focus a star to a perfect pin point or so without wearing glass . i do not like to use glass while looking through bino .

please suggest procedures to check if it is well aligned or not ! thanks...

Archived