Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader ND 3.8 film.

Helite

I was just cruising FLO window-shopping and came across this film for photographic use. I have used the normal ND 5 film with reasonable results and was just wondering if anyone here has used this other stuff? Has anyone got any pictures of it being used?

I am curious to know how much of a difference there will be between the 2 types, be good to hear anyone's opinion before I treat myself to some :grin:

Thanks.

I use the ND3.8 film in order to keep a reasonably fast shutter speed on the 1000D when shooting with an OIII filter which cuts out a lot of light .

I feel the OIII with the ED80Pro gives me a little more detail than the ND5.0 without the OIII , but it's just the way I do things , I started with the ND5.0 and got pretty good results but you're always looking for that little bit of extra ... :p

The only drawback with the ND3.8 is that it only comes in 1000 x 500 mm rolls for £55.00 , actually cheaper per square inch but a big outlay compared with the A4 sheet .

Examples of my results here .... http://www.astrobin....rs/steveward53/

Thank you for the reply and the link Steve, I think I might have to treat myself to some, I was considering getting the Baader continuum filter to accompany it and see how they perform together.

It is a large sheet but I figured I could sell any excess on ABS, or keep it for future scopes :grin:

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions and for sending the link, I enjoyed the pics :icon_salut:

Archived