Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DC iris or video iris lens with Watec 902 H2 Ultimate camera?

michaelmorris

I have recently bought a Watec 902 H2 Ultimate (CCIR) for recording meteors. I'm now trying to source an auto-iris super wide angled lens to go with it. Can anyone help me clarify a couple of questions I have about using auto iris lenses with this camera?

1 - Can you Video drive iris; DC drive iris; or both with this camera?

2 - Will I risk doing any damage to the camera (or lens) if I have the plug wired up incorrectly? (Don't worry, I promise I won't hold you liable if it ends up causing a problem)

Thanks

Hi, according to the spec it can use both. The dc lens uses circuits inside the camera. The video lens uses circuits inside the lens. Either can be set up in the menu. For my own setup I just use a manual lens fully open and works great at night and switched off during day as its too bright and there are no meteors:) there is also an auto setting in the menu as well. Cheers Carl

Archived