Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thanks for your help

Sent away for one of these.

Looked to try and get a cheap one over here.

Any body know where i can get a Dew shield or a Heater for it cheaper than the UK prices.

Read some of your posts on the Telrad viewfinder and found them very helpfull.

Any body got any advice on my C8N Dewing up, just purchased a 12 v Hair Dryer so i will see if that helps.

If a Primary School kid can use one then that will do me fine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TELRAD-TELESCOPE-Finder-Sight-LED-Reflex-Scope_W0QQitemZ220183806545QQihZ012QQcategoryZ28181QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Davey.

:moon:

Buying from the States does look good on the face of it, but you may get stung on import duty so don't be surprised if you get a note from the Royal Mail asking for money before you get get your parcel. BTW, you could have got one of these for less: http://tinyurl.com/2eh7gl .

Anyhoo, I find my C8N is a bit of a dew magnet at the best of times and I use a 12v hairdryer without any problems so you should be ok with that :icon_jokercolor:.

Tony..

Flower pots, flower pots, yes, you heard right, get yourself a large plastic flower pot from a garden center, cut the back off so its see through, then put insulation tape around the smaller end until it fits over your scope comfortably, I use them and they are great. For added effect paint it matt black if all you can find are brown pots, da daaaaa, i might put a patent on this idea.

Thanks for the replies.

Yup my C8N is a a dew magnet.

As for the Baader 30mm Sky Surfer III there were not any threads on them but lots on the Telrad, so i got one of those.

The lady selling the Telrads sells them for £19 keeping them under the £20 quid mark, informed me it should not cost me anything but we will see.

Think delivery time is 15 days someone said so i will see if it comes in a fortnight.

Asked the woman is she sold anything else, Sky Maps as someone on another thread has already stated.

As for viewfinders everybody has there preference.

If i am in a Garden Centre i will be on the look-out for a 8" black plant pot LOL.

Davey

I will live and learn.

Thanks Gaz O'C for the link to the site which i found when i was searching for viewfinders and red dot finders.

Telrad was the most popular.

So it is basically your fault LOL

As you will undoubtly know finding stars in the viewfinder of a C8N can be a bit hit and miss as it is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack sometimes, sometimes even the brightest star or Mars can take a couple of minutes to find.

Then again the magnification comes in handy, i would of never found comet Holmes without it.

Why pay £50 when i can get it for £28.

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Telescope_House_Eyepiece_Finderscopes.htm

Davey

I had to give up early last night as my C8N's secodary was iced over, not got a 12v hairdrier yet as I didn't want to add thermal currents to the scope by adding heat. I like the dew shield flower pot idea though might give that a try................... :rolleyes:

Gary

Archived