Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

need answer quick...!! (sunday 16 dec 22.17GMT)

Its a little misty out there tonight, but can still make out plenty of stars, though the LP is showing high into the sky because of the mist I guess.

Here's my question, is it worth getting the telescope out tonight, the Mrs wants to have a gawp at saturn with it.

I havent got the mount yet, but can prolly rig it up to see saturn same way as I did for mars. Its a 9.25" SCT with 25 mm eyepiece, giving I think X96 at that. Is it gonna be worth having a look see? need to knwo fast if poss plz so as to know whether to take scope into the cold!!

Thanks a million

TJ

Sorry if its too late but yes, get the scope out. Its possible the seeing will be quite good (misty nights sometimes are) and I think Mars is the biggest its going to get this week, in fact the biggest for several years.

James

Wahey! took the chance and pulled it out. The other night I managed to get the finderscope about 95% accurate, so thats helping with the minus mount problem.

Set it up on M42 and was immediately gob smacked at the amount of nebula you can see with naked eyes. thats with eyes not adjusted to dark and house lights on etc etc. Spurred on by that I zoomed him round to andromeda.

Thanks for the tip about Mars, I'll go check him out whilst I wait Saturns presence!!

TJ

despite the mist and the thin clouds, i`m amazed at the sharpness of the images i`m spitting out right now. its very still,but twinkly at the sametime... its odd!

Steve (who doesnt have to goto work tomorow... or the day after... or... well, back on the 7th Jan :icon_jokercolor:)

Archived