6888 135 mm lens nband

Thank you both , whacky idea but had to try.

Adam

i had an old sky watcher off axis guider lying around (chipped prism) so i took middle out and inserted a baader focusing eyepiece holder in place and secured with the 3 retaining bolts, lens swews directly in to one end and used a 1/25 nose piece in other, clever bit is you can adjust to get lens to ccd spacing exact .

also the of axis guider camera mounting plate can be tapped for 6MM for mounting on dove tail bar.

Francis

i am not to good at this processing lark yet but am willing to learn.

I love tinkering and have just been given a COOKE quad triplet (75mm in diamiter) F2 lens assembly in not to bad a condition . that will focus at 6" so plenty of space to play with.

love the WIDEFIELD.

Graham

lens mount.tif

post-5256-0-27282300-1378147419_thumb.jp

Adam

just thinking out of the box really ,it was quite easy to put together, and works a treat. good luck with yours looks like you have some nice lenses. me more carboot sales i think, would love to pick up a 150mm pentax super takhumer. bet there out there just have to keep looking.

Graham

jnc71106

Yes your right sw focuser and belt off old hoover. i have attached focuser to a plate with 6mm bolt and penny washers, the pully is the flexy coupling for focuser just with gear in end to stop belt coming off, but dosent need it as belt only moves a small amount when focusing. really works a treat got 0.95 in artimis capture focuser.

now working on new mount idea for manual filter wheel , have a smalll lathe helps i spose.

Well happy

Graham

I can get the FWHM in Artemis down in the .70's with my microfocus rings but I can see the attraction in your setup as it also gives you the option of laptop control with the hitec doggle thing (sorry name escapes me)

Maybe something I will look into at some point. Thanks for the reply and info :)

Archived