NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My 1st PC build for AP/pic&video editing

tingting44

dam i have missed something then :( i will look up on video cards :(

ahhh loool, yeah i will be sticking with onboard GPU, im not interested in any single/dual GPU setup as not into gaming/3D programs etc, dont count me on this lol but going to see how i get on with this spec for now as i got so much to learn

I upgrade to i5 ect on board graphics, there really suck, a 600GT type will run anything you throw at it.....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work with 3D programs, im an architect, all day so I know they need vrey very good graphics cards. I would suggest at least a single. Dualiing is more for hard core gaming and even more hard core 3D progaming. I doubt you'll every need a dual. But a single will out do an onboard any day. They are usually a couple hundred more. Depends on what you get.

The reason is it 4GB. Try to find one around 1GB. The 1024MB one you posted is way to cheap. If you aimed at around 150-250 pounds I think you find some good choices.

cool thanks mate, will keep an eye out

around £200 srri i miss typed should have been 660, any thing in that number range 650, 660, 670 will make huge difference from the On-board stuff......

http://www.overclock...=701&catid=1914

thanks also buddy :) defo wont be able to afford it anytime soon, but good to bookmark for future, thanks again guys :)

thats the geat thing about desktops. You can UPGRADE! I will be switching my PS over to my desktop when it starts to cool down enough for me to get out an image. Good luck.

yeah im loving it all ready and not even started building yet lol, its going to be a milestone for me as ive been using this crappy notepad (1gb ram) , intel atom N455 cpu lol it freezes even if i try to watch a youtube video :(

sorry dont mean to sound stupid but what is PS lol i know your not on about photoshop.....or r u lol

I'm using a laptop atm to. Sometimes my DSS freezes because I got too many subs lol. So I know your pain.

Ya PS is photoshp. I dont use any special AP processing software like PixInsight or Nebulasity because I dont want to pay for it. I bought PS5 in college for classes so I just use that. I'm still trying to learn the processing techniques. I have just the basics down.

yeah it sucks paying soo much for programs dosnt it :( my choice was either buy PS for my crappy notepad or buy a desktop lol the choice is obvious :( tell me about it, you could play about with programs for a year and still be learning stuff lol especially astro programs :( ive had a few beers now lol and just window shopping"!!! GOD wish i was rich i could easily spend £10k on components for a self build PC lol :(

The GIMP is quite powerful alternative to photoshop, I used both, I prefer photoshop, but the GIMP is free on Linux and windows and the more I learn to use it for some things the more I like it, there are many free alternaitves for many things, some bad, some good. There is a lot of stuff you can do on linux for free if want to learn it, and be prepared for the learning curve, It is not for everyone, but it is there to try for free. If you enjoy that kind of thing it can be fun ( or very frustrating if you don't ).

Btw I didn't know about some of the apps using CUDA and OpenCL as was suggested by psychobilly, in that case it is worth getting a GPU, but it is not as if you need it all at once. You can get the job done without it, save some and buy later. PCs can be just like scopes, they can eat you wallet if you let it happen, but it is possible to eat you dinner from a carboard plate and chop sticks and the result will just be as tasty, you don't need a silver plate and cutlery all at once :D

i LOVE that saying buddy!!! defo nabbing that one looool :D sooo true tho and it is very easy to get carried away, thanks mate

it is possible to eat you dinner from a carboard plate and chop sticks and the result will just be as tasty, you don't need a silver plate and cutlery all at once :D

Archived