Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Berlebach Tripods

cyborg421

Hi Simon,

Is those 7 kg including a mount? have the report 3072 tripod I'm very happy with it. Using it visually with the skytee 2 and C8/WO gtf81, and that works well, while approaching the weight limit of the tripod,

I really like the feeling of the Berlebach. Dampens vibrations really quick.

Andreas

I would go with a Uni 18 (or 28 if you want to use it with a refractor) load is 55kg.

I also have the smaller Report 3012 astro which is rated 18kg but feels flimsy compared to the Uni.

I think it's the best aground tripod and has enough reserve for bigger scopes to come.

Make sure you buy the spreader as well. Not cheap with 50 a euros but you can set the mount up in 2 sec instead of screwing a spreader plate on.

Here you can see the difference between Uni 28 with Ayo I (left) and Report 3012 astro with Ayo traveller II (middle)

eqytugys.jpg

I guess it depends on budget and what you are going to use it for...I wanted something light and not too long when folded so I could tie it to my backpack. if you're just going to use it in the same place I would go for something bigger than the report 3012/72.

Those Ayo mounts look very sweet by the way...is there any english sites selling them?

Not that I am aware of. If you type Ayo II into google you will find the Swiss site fairly quickly.

I am torn between that with encoders or the Ercole with encoders due out soon ish

I have no particular budget in mind. I wanted a portable system but that seems to conflict with stability.

I may have to get 2 mounts, one for normal use and one when I need something more portable.

Simon

Archived