IC 1805 - detail

jimao22

Hi,

This is my try to IC 1805 made these days (on full moon) in Ha 7nm.

Is a stack of 18 exposures of 1200 sec each (6 hours), made with MN190 and ATIK 314L+ on EQ6/EQMOD.

Acquisition, stacked and calibrated with MaximDL, processed with StarTools.

ha_1024x768_214.jpg

Is not because of focus (I used FocusMax several times during the acquisition) but because the flexure I have on my system. I will try to deal with in the near future, but for the moment is the best I can. Anyway, I am just a beginner so don't shoot me now :cry: . :wink: !

I made another try with 7 hours integration, same area and slightly difference in process of data in StarTools. I hope is better...

ha_7ore_1024x768_538.jpg

For some unknown reason, my last picture is gone. But is no big deal, because last night I took some shots in Ha, again, but the condition was much better. I kept 8 x 1200 sec from first row of shots and 21 (from 24) exposures x 900 sec.

Calibrated with dark, bias and flats and stacked in MaximDL, processed in StarTools and some post process (levels and curves) at the end in PS CS2.

ic1805_21x9008x1200_890.jpg

Hope that's better...

I added some OIII exposures these nights, so I made this picture from 7 hours and 55 min in Ha and 4 hours in OIII (from a total of 9 hours - the rest is on recicle bin), as Ha=R, OIII=G, OIII=B. I don't explain you the whole process because I forgot it till now (it was so complicated). I need some extra tutorials for color processing.

ha_oiii_oiii__139.jpg

Archived