Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First baby step

Stratis

Hi all,

Just posting my first ever true astroimage... I've used other people's equipment and had good results but it never feels like 'yours' when you're clicking buttons on a setup someone else has spent years perfecting :)

This was taken with my least amazing equipment;

• Aquila-branded Short-Tube 80mm f/5 refractor
  • Philips SPC900NC webcam (no LX mod yet)
  • SkyWatcher AZ goto mount

The video was captured with the amazing SharpCap (donate to this man!) and processed with Registax, resulting in this;

Capture_22_08_2013_23_51_29.png

So, obviously not the best shot in the world and some badass chromatic aberration to take care of! I should stress that I had never used any of the applications before, and this has undergone nothing beyond wavelet sharpening in terms of enhancement.

Overall I'm pretty please with the result, just got to wait for the planets to get higher and have a go with my SCT :D

If anyone has any advice on tuning the Registax wavelet filter levels I'd appreciate it, I just fiddled with it til it didn't look so horrible anymore :)

Archived