Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Evostar 90 on Skywatcher az goto?

Stevp

Afternoon all,

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience using an Evostar 90 or similar on this mount?

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/skywatcher-az-goto-mount.html

Or any thoughts on the mount at all really?

Currently I have it mounted on an AZ3 and was wondering if this would be a reasonable upgrade, or is it a waste just for the tracking?

I use this setup mainly as something quick and easy. keeping the weight reasonable is one desire of the setup. i've got an explorer 150 on eq3-2 for when I'm having a more serious session. Its always setup in the garden so power shouldnt be a problem.

Cheers

Stevp

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stevp ...

I bought this mount with a SW Skymax 120 and I think it's great ! I've had great fun sticking all of my telescopes on it, except for the 150PL, and it works fine. You will have to be careful with the Evostar though because of its length - it may whack the tripod legs when approaching the Zenith.

Also look into getting a PSU as it eats batteries and it can also throw a wobbler when they're running low.

Hope this helps

Archived