Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 in 1 minute

JKB

Well as the norm over the last few nights, clear skies predicted but strangely cloudy.

Went out around 10.30, opened obsy and set up. Quick align and focus. Was going for IC1396A when lo-and-behold the clouds started to roll in from the West.

So quick look around and there was only one patch of sky still clear so I went for M27. Took one 1min exposure to check framing and focus: quick adjustment and ready.........Nothing but cloud!

Surprising though as here is that 1 min exposure and I couldn't believe the detail that came out. No flats, bias, dark or guiding or anything to be honest. Must come back and do this target properly (including better framing!)

ISO800, 1min sub, EOS 30D, SW150P

Cheers

Jamie

post-11519-0-54803100-1376264036_thumb.j

Not bad for 1 min exp. :)

It was a much brighter target then i thought as well. my first thought after i did a "framing exp" at ISO 12800 and 5 sec, i was wondering if i had teh correct settings as i was getting way more details then i expected.

Archived