NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Maxim - My 'slew to pinpoint cente' is no longer working

swag72

I hope someone can help as I don't know where to even look for the solution.

For some time now I've been using Maxim and pinpoint to slew to targets. I get the target from the previous night, solve it using pinpoint then click onto the screen and click on 'slew to pinpoint centre' Worked well. For some reason I no longer have access to the slew to pinpoint centre on my menu, it's light grey. I've also noticed that when I connect to telescope I no longer have the button available to disconnect it. I fire it up and it starts EQMOD fine. I've not touched anything, altered a setting, it's just stopped wroking.

Can anyone suggest where I can look? The ascom driver seems to be working fine.

Unfortunately not. Sorry Sara.

On my setup, and I've just checked, it's only greyed out if the scope is not connected. Same with the disconnect button. Does the connect button actually work ok ? Can you slew manually via the nudge buttons in " Telescope " ?

Dave.

Thanks Dave for giving me the impetus to go and check things in this 35 degree heat in the shade.

So what did I find? Well, I wiggled the handset port on the mount and when I fired up Maxim it sprang to life as it should and gave me the disconnect menu. So looks like all will be well!!! Who would have thought it was just a 'wiggle'? Mmm, maybe need to look into that!!!

The odd thing was Dave that it was connecting and opening EQMOD as well. it just wasn't giving me functionality. It was also happy guiding too. Odd, I think we'll take the casing off and see what we can see. You note the 'royal we'?!!

Archived