NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Power Tank?

Hi all

i may be going to astro camp in wales in september and i will need something that i can you outside for a good long while, i have a HEQ5pro with has a skymax 127 that is used with it, i have found this power tank, can anyone tell me how it attaches and will i need to buy anything else to use it? http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/skywatcher-7-amp-rechargeable-power-tank_d2939.html and will it be suitable for long use? there is another one thats closer to £100 any advice would be helpful, thanks!

Thanks

Chris

i would not recommend something so small for long useage. most folks tend to use leisure batteries of about 35 to 70 amp hour... if you are not imaging. 7 amp hour is a little short and the leisure batteries tolerate deep discharge.

of you mount draws up to 2 amps as you can see 7 ah at full draw would be only 3 hours and would give less than this as you would not fully discharge. obviously the mount would not be on full draw all the time but i would

recommend quite a bit bigger.

velvet

Good job I posted, was going to buy one in the next couple of days, if I was to get one from maplins how does it connect into my mount? I'm guessing somthing like and car lighter adapter? But yes I do astrophotgraphy that's why I want one in time for astro camp

Thanks

Chris

Good job I posted, was going to buy one in the next couple of days, if I was to get one from maplins how does it connect into my mount? I'm guessing somthing like and car lighter adapter? But yes I do astrophotgraphy that's why I want one in time for astro camp

Thanks

Chris

I have crocodile clips to cig lighter socket but if you have a cig lighter socket on the unit then yes its just simply into your mount. Are you planning on running the laptop and imaging cams (via USB) off the same power supply? I seem to get problems with the eqmod connection dropping out whenever I do that even on AC power. However looking at your signature you'd probably be okay with just the SPC900 hooked up to the lappy.

Yep I would be using my webcam, my laptop has a very long battery life on it anyway, I've used it with that webcam up to 5 hours last Christmas and I have a laptop car charger anyway I could just charge it in the car if needs be

Archived