Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Couple of Globs with the QHY5L-IIM

Both taken last night from my back garden.

M13:

gallery_26731_2616_1411060.png

M92:

gallery_26731_2661_622833.png

High cloud caused issues with the green and blue channels for this, which I have then heavilly stretched. Dust bunnies have now been removed!

Images were captured in firecapture at 12bit, 25% gain with 10 sec exposures at prime focus on the Explorer 200P (with SW CC). Stacked 21/30 lights, with 30 dark frames using DSS, no flats or bias. Unfortunately I loose the additional colour depth processing in GIMP 2.8.6 (limited to 8bit). However the M13 is certainly my best result yet and there is certainly some promise of better results ahead with longer exposure, bias/flats, cooling mods and perhaps a copy of photoshop or perhaps the long awaited GIMP 3.

Its been a real struggle getting anything at all with the QHY5L-IIM in LX mode, and there has been much cussing in to the wee small hours. This is caused by a driver issue that causes the camera to hang on changes to settings once in LX mode - if you can get it capturing it will go all night, but any changes to exposure, gain are highly likely to hang the camera and capture application. I understand via Torsten Edelmann that this is being investigated by QHY at the moment.

This is caused by a driver issue that causes the camera to hang on changes to settings once in LX mode - if you can get it capturing it will go all night, but any changes to exposure, gain are highly likely to hang the camera and capture application. I understand via Torsten Edelmann that this is being investigated by QHY at the moment.

I'm told that the QHY5L-II Ascom driver does not have the same issue - so I might give this a go with Sharpcap or the Nebulosity trial.

• 2 months later...

Archived