Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Well ticked off.

wxsatuser

Found time to to have another bash with the wedge but a minor disaster.

Tried just before dinner time so scope was pointing up high.

Thought I'd got a nice image with loads of spots but something did'nt look right.

On investigation the front of the prism was covered in a large area of dirt/dust.

It must of come fom inside the scope tube as everything was clean when I started.

Not well pleased Celestron :angryfire:

Anyone.......best way to clean it, please?

Were you using a filter over the objective? If not then it is likely that the Sun has removed the paint from the inside of the tube/baffles etc. Otherwise you really need to find the source of the "dust" and sort it out. To clean it you can blow any loose dust away with a camera dust blower (from any photographic shop), any that remains couls be removed with something like Baader wonder fluid and a proper lens cloth (FLO sell them: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/misc/baader-optical-wonder-fluid.html usual disclaimer).

Thanks Roger, no filter.

It could be paint, did'nt think of that.

I have removed most with a blower so no real damage done.

Will take a good look inside the tube and see if any paint is missing or if it's something else.

Archived