Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Win8 EQMOD weirdness

Bellyeye

I've recently bought an Asus lappy with Win 8 64 bit.

I've loaded up ASCOM, EQMOD, CDC, APT, PHD and Astrotortilla.

When I try to choose my scope, or indeed the EQ5 in CDC, PHD or Astrotortilla I get this:

post-10918-0-06657500-1373708852_thumb.j

followed by this

post-10918-0-34914100-1373709398_thumb.j

APT is fine.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Hi John,

Not sure if this might help.

ASCOM 6SP2 needs Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5 to run correctly, this is not enabled in WINDOWS 8 by default, you have to either download it from Microsoft or enable it in control panel.

Either option requires the laptop to be connected to the internet.

Here is a link to the Microsoft help page that tells you how to enable / download .NET framework 3.5

http://windows.micro...ework-windows-8

If this does not work and you can't find any relevant help here then try the the ASCOM Initiative Yahoo group here:

http://tech.groups.y...oup/ASCOM-Talk/

This is the only information that I know might be relevant as I had a similar problem with my Windows 8 desktop when I tried to connect to "The Sky X Pro"

Regards

William.

Thanks for that William

I've checked the version 3.5 .NET framework and it is installed and enabled. Still no joy.

It's really odd. If I use ASCOM diagnostics the dropdown works fine and I can connect to both the HEQ5 and the EQ5 simulator.

I'll head over to ASCOM talk.

Thanks again for your time

Archived