NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stupid question...but...

Apart from the 'old-fashioned' Sun filters which should be slung in the dustbin immediately . . . :Envy:

No, its 'just' a light pollution filter. Whilst it is in general okay dark in my backyard but ha a nasty streetlight behind the neighbors house that is pretty disturbing.

Anyone got any experience with those filters?

Nothing very favourable TBH. I find nebula filters a great help, but their LP cousins have done very little for me. It could be I have the wrong type of LP for them to help. I prefer to spend the money on tanks of gas and getting to dark sites.

Others have quite a lot if success if they have the type of LP that these filters block. Unfortunately I don't.

I hope your street light is the type they block, if so.......happy days :)

I've got one that works perfectly when I'm viewing to the West as it cuts the glow from an old sodium lamp completely , in the East the new estate has some other kind of lights that it doesn't touch at all.

Archived