NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Xbox 360 Webcam LX?

I was browsing the forums (nothing better to do well plenty more important but :tongue: ) and came across people mentioning the software wxAstroCapture. I decided to install it and give it a try with my 360 webcam. It worked fine and then i noticed the long exposure box and decided to give it a try so i ticked the box and set the exposure time to 120sec. I started to capture and left it to pop up the shop. When i got back it had recorded a total of 4 frames (shop is not very far). I then processed the video in AS!2 and this was the result.

post-30312-0-76622400-1372429832_thumb.j

I has altered the settings to make the image as dim as possible on the screen before adjusting the exposure time. Could it be that the 360 webcam is capable of long exposure and as such capable of imaging DSO's? Unfortunately the weather forecast for here is not to good for the next few days also my set-up isn't really ideal for long exposure (no tracking). If someone with the ability to do so could possibly give it a try and post the feedback on it I'm sure there would be plenty of us newbies that would be interested in the results.

I've noticed that in both sharpcap and PHD my xbox webcam does have the option to adjust exposure upto I think 10 secs whereas the SPC900 doesn't. However I believe the cam is of insufficient sensitivity for DSOs.

Archived