Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is my thinking correct?

Now I have my obsy up and running and polar aligned the mount I just need to check a few things with you guys.

When I go through the alignment process with the GOTO and get it aligned and ready, am I right in thinking all I have to do at the end of the night is park the scope in its "home" position, power down, then the next time I use it if I start from the home position I don't need to re-align it all again?

All so do I only have to enter the date and time in the handset each time I turn on?

May seem obvious to most but just checking;)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

You don' say what mount you are using but if it is an HEQ5 or (N)EQ6 then you are essentially smack on on your thinking although I'd like to add a small caveat! When you do your first star alignment in the new observatory, carry out your star alignment but on the FIRST STAR, undo the clutches after the mount has done its GoTo and manually push the scope around to centre the first star, tighten the clutches and accept the first alignment. For subsequent alignments use the hand controller (or EQMod if you are using this software) in the normal way. At the end of the session do a 'park' as normal and switch off.

This cunning plan ensures that all subsequent sessions start with the mount at a 'perfect' start position.

You will have to enter date and time at the start of each session unless you are using EQMod or other total PC control software.

Now we find out you have a totally different mount ! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Archived