NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New vesrion of Autostakkert for spectro!

Hi guys

I`ve been trying a new version of the stacking software Autostakkert which Emil (the writer) has written specifically for use with spectra. Its free and this version is currently in alpha and can process avi`s, fits, tiffs etc allowing stacking and has some useful features such as vertical blur which can bring out faint spectral lines. Its quite important to have spectra aligned horizontally to start with as I found out as the vertical blur creates a slanted line and also greatly affects the accuracy of the finished image.

I took a quick screen grab of an uncorrected spectrum of 4 Her showing a profile of some fits that were rotated after processing with Autostakkert (and then rotated in Rspec) and some fits that were made horizontal before processing in Autostakkert.

post-15973-0-11472700-1371902709_thumb.j

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Through the astronomical spectroscopy group, I'm working with Emil to improve and enhance the AS2!

Your results are very meaningful.....

Have you sent them and your comments to Emil yet?

If not - post this message on the group files for follow up.

Hi Ken

Yes I have. The spectra in my fits files were about 7 degs above horizontal and I was surprised how much diffference it made having them all horizontal before stacking in AS!2.

I notice Emil has a rotation option from first to last frame which I`m not sure does anything yet but I know the spectra should be horizontal to start with and is something I`m working on. I need to make a thin washer were the ccd screws onto the focuser.

Cheers

Steve

Archived