NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ADM dual saddle plate, quick tip needed.

emadmoussa

Not having much luck, are you?

There's 2 different types of saddle..you did check before ordering?

adm_dual_saddle_pucks.jpg

The saddle is held on with 3 grub screws around the periphery of the DEC axis. Just nip them up and it'll not move.

On my EQ6 it took a far bit of persuading with a rubber mallet to get it on (the tolerances were VERY tight). It aint ever going to come loose.

Sorry, I've got the new type one. It's the right one. In the beginning the buck didn't seem to go all the way down. But today after it came lose it can go all the way down. Weird! Probably it needed that from the beginning.

I just hate the scars the hex screws leave on the saddle.

How did you make sure it was precisely aligned?

Just stick a spirit level on the top edge when the mount is parked in the normal home position and nudge it until it is level.

I didn't. The mount has no way of "knowing" which way the OTA is pointing. All I did was to put the saddle roughly at 90 degrees to the Polar Alignment hole in the DEC axis (so the OTA does not clart the tripod when polar aligning). When the PH hole is aligned with the polarscope then the OTA is sitting "horizontal".

I then made sure that the saddle was down tight to prevent introducing a cone error. Job jobbed

You can use the DEC clutch lever as a guide - it should be parallel to it. Its also better if the ADM saddle nuts are opposite the DEC clucth lever.

Something else is you MAY need to remove the clutch lever and reposition it so that it doesnt foul the wider ADM puck. I had to on my HEQ5.

Archived