Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skytee owners - 2 OTA alignment help please.

Hi All. A little help yet again. Was out earlier doing a little solar and had both my scopes on my Skytee. Never tried before but did it with a view of aligning both scopes.

Success but only in a fashion. I seem to be out by about a solar disc width. If I move one scope a little I end up with half the sun in one scope and the other side of the sun in the other.

Scopes being used - Meade 127 frac and a 200P. 24 mm EP

Is this the best a can expect or am I missing a trick. I'm happy but can I do better.

Any advice much welcomed and as always thanks for any ideas in advance.

John

assuming the mount has no cone error, then the frac should, you would expect have a well aligned optical axis to tube , the 200p may not , what I do is collimate the newt to have its optical axis on its physical axis. You could check if this is the fault by setting both up then spinning the 200p tube 180 degrees if the error reverses that's your problem.

Archived