Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Much Improved Saturn (Mono)

Atlas

Very nice, with a hint of the Encke coming through at the ring extremities. Are you shooting this with any filters? If unfiltered its an excellent result, but you should get some more detail out and mitigate the seeing a little with a red filter. I find IR filter a bit marginal on Saturn and probably get my best captures on the red and green channels with the same MT9M034 sensor in my QHY5L-II mono. What focal length/barlow are you using for the capture?

Very nice, with a hint of the Encke coming through at the ring extremities. Are you shooting this with any filters? If unfiltered its an excellent result, but you should get some more detail out and mitigate the seeing a little with a red filter. I find IR filter a bit marginal on Saturn and probably get my best captures on the red and green channels with the same MT9M034 sensor in my QHY5L-II mono. What focal length/barlow are you using for the capture?

No filters used. Not sure of the FL since only a 3x barlow was used. I forgot to mention this was a 1.5x drizzle.

Archived