ED80 FR/FF and OAG?

Hello all, I am looking into trying OAG as a result of some recent threads here, particularly with my RC8 scope. However, I need to work with my DSLR for a couple more months first, hence my question here.

The ED80 FR/FF has a focus point of 55mm allowing a DSLR's T-ring to connect directly onto the FR/FF. It works brilliantly. So if I were to introduce a OAG into this (the 13 mm short distance one on FLO's website reviewed by Steve) - which I understand should always come after the FR in the imaging train, this would push that distance up to 68mm? Anyone know if OAG is feasible in this situation please? If it isn't I may just ignore OAG on this scope until I get my CCD.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Steve

I'm afraid I can't see how it would work :( However, with the FLO OAG plus Atik EFW2 and 314L+ CCD camera it works out just right :)

I'm afraid I can't see how it would work :( However, with the FLO OAG plus Atik EFW2 and 314L+ CCD camera it works out just right :)

That's my thoughts too... :( Oh, well. Get ready for me to ping you when I have my Atik then Gina.... :)

That's my thoughts too... :( Oh, well. Get ready for me to ping you when I have my Atik then Gina.... :)

Fine :) I haven't actually tested this yet. I had the OAG working last night with Lodestar attached. I focussed the scope using my no.2 314L+ and took the Lodestar as far in as the mechanics of the OAG would allow. I just obtained focus. The no.1 314L+ was on the widefield rig with a 105mm lens imaging the Cygnus Loop in OIII. I'm gradually working out how to arrange everything for dual imaging and making a second filter wheel. I'm reporting all progress in these forums. Filter wheel design and construction is in the "DIY Astronomer" forum.

Archived