Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Autostakkert 2 - Don't like, I love it!!

After processing counteless GBs of grainey/blury planetary video, I've just discovered that AS!2 does batches. I suspect everyone else already knew this and were keeping it secret, but it'n not exactly obvious from the GUI to my ageing grey matter. So perhaps its worth mentioning in case anyone else in astro land hasn't noticed....

Simply bulk select your video files from an open explorer window, then drag and drop the files on to the open file button, set your stacking options, analyse and set your alignment points. Then hit the Stack button and go make a cup of tea or head to bed early.

OK, it's hardly rocket science, but it doesn't half free up some time when you've got multiple sets of IR and LRGB channels to process!

Thanks Emil Kraalkamp for a brilliant program.

And never forget to load your flat or dark frame if you are using them at the same time that you load your .avi's (I won't say how I know that :p ).

Is there a school of thought on this - I use firecapture 22 for my PI, which does dark frame capture/subtraction as it records. Is it better to take the dark frame first and process with AS!2? I haven't done any flats yet, but am considering making up a lightbox/panel with some old LED monitor panels - but from recent experience most of my dust bunnies appear on the filters in the wheel so might need flats for each filter position.

Archived